Pets are like our babies, in the beginning, we have sleepless nights and we put so much time and effort into them to make sure they grow up healthy, strong and good-natured. Our Frankie will be coming everywhere with us so we want to make sure that wherever we are, we have the right products and gear to keep her comfortable and stress-free.
Recently, we noticed that Frankie was itching profusely and she was crying while she was doing it. We knew that she was allergic to eggs and beef, so it had to be something in our yard. Dogs are inquisitive animals so eat everything, feel anything and roll through god knows what! I had already removed all the plants in our garden that were toxic to dogs so I knew there was no way I could find what it was.
I went looking for naturally made washes, sprays, rubs etc. that could remedy her itching and provide her with some relief. Many pet stores I noticed had washes made with all sorts of stuff but nothing came close to WashBar.
WashBar is not only all natural ingredients, it’s made in New Zealand! The company owners themselves have a dog with many allergies so they know what it’s like! All of their ingredients are ethical, natural and can be traced back to the source. When I reached out to them I had a half hour phone call with their sales manager who gave me some fantastic advice on the products I will need for Frankie based on her lifestyle. After using the washes and sprays on her, we are brand advocates for life!
- Goodness in a bar – Neem oil, Manuka, Kanuka and Lemon Myrtle oils
making it an antibacterial, anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory, flea control that help combat skin irritations and infections.
- Gently Relieves Itching, we used this before the washBar. This shampoo is different from anything else available. Contains Quercetin (a natural antihistamine) and Vitamin C (a natural healer) helping soothe and calm dogs’ itchy, sore skin and to stop excessive scratching, chewing, biting and licking.
- Also contains Manuka essential oil and Lavender essential oil making it an antibacterial, antifungal and soothing to reduce inflammation and discomfort brought on by allergies.
- Georgia’s been using this on her lips before she puts it on Frankie (she’s addicted to lip balms and says this is better than any other). Just like our feet, it’s important that dog’s paws are kept in good condition (especially with up and down temps that NZ gives us, moisturised and free of infection. Repairs and restores rough and dry skin on dog’s feet (and other places like their elbows) and helps prevent or relieve the infection.
- 100% Natural Paw Balm is made with pure essential oils from New Zealand and the Amazon Rainforest. The combination of oils blended with organic beeswax (love this stuff) creates a balm that absorbs easily into the skin leaving a protective coat (much like high end creams do for us). Made with Kanuka oil – a natural antiseptic & anti-inflammatory, and Copaiba oil – a natural anti-haemorrhagic to help stop bleeding and weeping and to speed up healing.
- Dogs love to lick their paws, they can lick away as every ingredient that goes into WashBar Paw Balm is completely safe.
- Designed to keep even the most active pet smelling great (keep in the car)
- As well as being a coat freshener, the Travel Fresh is an insect repellent, and the Stay Calm is a relaxing and calming spray for nervous pets. We sprayed directly onto bedding and Frankie’s coat and DAMN she smells like the princess she is!
- 100% natural and alcohol-free – so perfect for pooches sensitive skin
- Gentle & calming when your dog is suffering from itchy skin, we cannot recommend this enough, not only for Frankie but for us when we are bitten by mosquitoes. Spraying your pooch with WashBar Itch Soothe Topical Spray gives instant relief. Frankie will literally stop scratching and carry on after applying.
- Contains Anethole (a natural pain relief), Quercetin (a natural antihistamine), Vitamin C (a natural healer), Manuka & Kanuka hydrosols as well as Lavender pure essential oils – all ingredients that are antibacterial, antifungal and soothing to help reduce inflammation and discomfort brought on by allergies.
So where can you find their products?
You can see their full range online HERE / OR they are also on the shelves in all good pet stores (animates, pet central etc.).